The following describes the DMCA Compliance for An Orchid otter website (henceforth known as “the website”).
An Orchid Otter is committed to responding to any alleged copyright violations, should they occur. Notice of any alleged violation should take the form proposed by the U.S. Digital Millennium Copyright Act as revealed at http://www.copyright.gov.
If any material infringes on the copyright of any offended party, we will remove the content from An Orchid Otter and then terminate or block access for those responsible for the content, and/or any other action deemed appropriate. We may also forward the record of the incident for documentation and/or publication by third parties at our discretion.
If you believe your rights have been violated, it is a serious matter. This DMCA notice exists solely to put into action our efforts, as website owners, to prevent and eliminate infringement on intellectual property rights. It is no substitute for legal counsel. Other remedies and action, such as against an internet service provider (ISP), might exist. You might want to seek legal help immediately. This is not legal advice and no Attorney-Client relationship exists.
For your convenience and to speed resolution, a notice of alleged infringement can be sent to An Orchid Otter via email at email@example.com. Be won notice that you will be liable for any and all statutory and common law damages, as well as court costs and attorney fees if you falsify a claim that your copyrights have been violated. Six figure awards are being granted for falsified claims. Seeking legal counsel is advised.
If you still want to claim copyright violation, provide the following:
- Identify in detail the copyrighted item(s) you believe are in violation by providing:
the URL to the protected work,
other identifying information.
- Identify the URL of the webpage that you assert is infringing the copyrighted work listed in 1 above.
- Provide contact email for yourself (including your phone number is suggested).
- Provide information sufficient to allow us to notify the owner/administrator of the allegedly infringing webpage, blog post, forum posting, or other sources in the same email.
- Include the following statement: “I have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted materials described herein as allegedly infringing is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.”
- Include the following statement: “I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or I am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly being infringed upon.”
- Digitally sign your email which is now your affirmation to the copyright infringement.
Note that the party representing the affected website or provider of content can issue a counter-notification under sections 512(g)(2) and (3) of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, allowing to once again post or link to the content in that case.
For your convenience, counter notification is sent via email firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be liable for any and all statutory and common law damages, as well as court costs and attorney fees if you falsify a claim that others’ copyrights have been violated.
If you still want to file a counter-notice, provide the following information:
- Identify the specific URLs or other unique identifying information that has been removed or has been disabled.
- Provide your name, address, telephone number, email address, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which your address is located, and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification under subsection (c)(1)(C) or an agent of such person.
- Include the following statement: “I swear, under penalty of perjury, that I have a good faith belief that each item of content identified above was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled, or that the material identified by the complainant has been removed or disabled at the URL identified and will no longer be shown.”
- Digitally sign the affirmation.
NOTICE for CHANGE: The contents of this page might change over time. Accordingly, this page could read differently at any time. These changes are necessitated, and carried out by An Orchid Otter, in order to protect you and the website. If this is important to you, you should check back frequently since no additional notices of changed content will be provided at any time.
All concerns, comments, and questions you have should be addressed to email@example.com.